Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ptr Info and Frustration



I finally got around to downloading and copying my priest and lock over to the ptr, to check out some of the new features in the next patch coming up. The first thing I noticed was that my lock's face looks very odd. It seems human females are missing some color.

Mounts: It took me about five minutes to figure out how to mount, you have to learn your mounts and then they appear in a new tab on your character sheet. The problem, though, was when I first logged on my lock, my mount spells were no longer in my spellbook, and I didn't have the tab. So, after about five minutes of blondness and looking around, I "learned" my NetherRay and the tab appeared.

Pets: Pets are also learnable now, and they appear under the new tab "Pets" with your mounts. Learning your pets and mounts does not currently remove them from your inventory, so they're still a waste of space.

Tokens and Honor: There is also a new tokens tab that displays your various dungeon and pvp tokens, as well as your honor.

Achievements: Yes, Achievements are coming out with the next patch, and will give many of us something to do before the next expansion comes out. However, I felt a little short on my achievements, and many things I have done I was not getting credit for. For example, the recent Summer Festival fire quests, I completed all the quests for that event, even had the rewards such as the helmet, but I did not receive credit. There are also exploration awards, such as visit all of Eastern Kingdoms, and I only had partial credit for that as well.

Barbershops: The Barbershops are in place, and for a few gold you can change your hair style and color. The new choices are very limited, and I was left wanting more.

Talents: The new 51 point talents are in place, as well as other changes to the talent trees. This I feel Blizzard should have held off on. There are many of us that are still enjoying the game, such as pvping, arena, and raids, and changing all these talents around on us just makes it more difficult. Personally, my raiding spec is completely gone now, sacrifice was removed from the demo tree. If these talent changes go through with the next patch I'll have to respec, and possibly even relearn how to play my lock in a raid enviroment. No more lazy shadowbolt spamming, sucky.

No comments:

 

Design By:
SkinCorner